Play at Hombre Golf Club for $35 + tax on Mondays
Please call for details and to reserve your tee time
The Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce will host the 5th Annual Run for the Redfish this Saturday, December 7, 2013. Runner’s from across the country will participate in this combined half-marathon, 5K and kid’s fun run to start/finish at Pier Park. There are already more runners than in the past four years signed up to run the course along the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and through Pier Park!
Tomorrow is the last day for registration, and runners are highly encouraged to get their registration forms in to the Beach Chamber, or through www.runfortheredfish.com, to secure their spot to participate in this continuously growing event. The cost for the half-marathon is $45; for the 5K it is $30. All runners of the half marathon and 5K will receive the traditional Run for the Redfish long-sleeved T-shirt. Chip timing is provided for participants of the half-marathon and 5k races. An after party at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville inside Pier Park will also be held in their honor as part of their participation.
We hope to have support from the media and community by coming out to Pier Park to cheer on all participants. The half-marathon race begins at 8:00 am and the 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. Look forward to seeing you there rain or shine!
The holly jolly days are upon us, and Panama City Beach has decked its halls AND beaches! Embrace this magical season and create lifetime memories with your family and friends. These festive December events are certain to capture your holiday spirit!
1) Mon. 12/2; 6:30pm, Frank Brown Park, PCB : Annual City of PCB Christmas Tree Lighting Celebrate the magic of Christmas at PCB’s official tree lighting ceremony with musical performances by local schools, churches and civic groups, photos with Santa and all sorts of yummy treats.
2) Thurs. 12/5; 10am-9pm, 1st Baptist Church Family Life Center, Panama City: 10th Annual Festival of Trees Decorated trees for auction, holiday music free kids’ events, bakery goods and value-oriented gifts for sale. Proceeds benefit PC Rescue Mission. Admission: $5 adults, $3 kids or $15 family. For more info., visit www.festivaloftreesspc.com or call 850.481.1093.
3) Thurs. 12/5, 7:30pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Bonnie Raitt Live in Concert Grammy award-winner singer, songwriter & guitarist gives her audiences “Something to Talk About” with her unique blend of blues, R& B, rock & pop. For more info., visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
4) Fri. 12/6; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas” Festive family-fun in the heart of PC with horse-drawn carriage rides, free ice skating, carolers, concerts, extended shopping hours, kids events, train rides, a bounce house & more surprises. For more info., visit http://events.panamacity.com/event
5) Sat. 12/7; Start/Finish Pier Park, PCB: 5th Annual Run for the Redfish Great family event for all levels of runners, includes a ½ Marathon, 5K & Kids fun run along scenic Front Beach Rd & after-party at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. All runners for the 5K and certified half marathon professionally- timed course receive long sleeve t-shirt & swag bag. A portion of proceeds benefit Ocean Conservancy. Visit www.runfortheredfish.com for race start times, registration & more info.
6) Wed. 12/11; 7pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Goo Goo Dolls Live in Concert A rockin’ holiday treat for alternate rock music lovers the world over. For tickets or more info, visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
7) Fri. 12/13; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas” (see details above 12/6)
8 ) Sat. 12/14; 4pm, Front Beach & Pier Park, PCB: Annual PCB Optimist Christmas Parade Everyone loves a parade! Floats, marching bands & Santa will delight all ages as this festive procession flows down Powell Adams to Front Beach Rd & northwest through Pier Park, then ends at Wal-Mart.
9) Fri. 12/20; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas (see details above 12/6)
10) Fri. 12/20; 3pm & 6pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Disney Live! Three Classic Fairy Tales. All-new musical with 25 Disney characters that bring to life the stories of “Snow White,” “Cinderella” and “Beauty and the Beast.” For tickets or more info, visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
11) Sun. 12/29; 8am, Frank Brown Park, PCB: “The Biggest Loser Run/Walk” Half Marathon, 5K & Kids Fun Run Perfect chance for all levels of runners and walkers to celebrate their 2013 healthy lifestyle milestones! Each participant receives an inaugural finisher’s medal & t-shirt. Post-party with celebrity appearances. www.biggestloserrunwalk.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
12) Tues. 12/31; Pier Park, PCB: Two New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Celebrations From 5:30-8pm, it’s a family-style Family Ball Drop event with face painting, stilt walker, live music, prize giveaways & dazzling fireworks following the 8pm countdown when 10,000 beach balls will be dropped! Then from 8:45pm-1am, it’s time for grown-ups to countdown to 2014 with a New Year’s Eve inaugural street festival featuring live music, food booths & endless fun, promising to become PCB’s best annual NYE bash! Midnight countdown has an 800-lb glowing Beach Ball Drop followed by dazzling fireworks.
Admission is free for both events. Visit www.pierpark.com for more info.
Momentum is building for the highly anticipated New Year’s Eve Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park on December 31 with the announcement of the Southeast’s favorite party band, The Rupert’s Orchestra, to be part of the New Year’s Eve celebration. Pier Park, Panama City Beach’s premier open-air, beachfront shopping destination with more than 125 popular retail and dining choices, will herald in 2014 with thousands of visitors who will commemorate the occasion with an evening of family-friendly activities, including the nation’s only family beach ball drop at 8 p.m. and a rockin’ countdown at midnight.
The Resort Collection of Panama City Beach has access to a limited supply of VIP tickets to the Pier Park New Year’s Eve ball drop event for $150, per ticket. Tickets include back stage access, free beer and wine, and much more! Tickets not sold to the public, so don’t miss out on this exclusive event! Call our Sales & Marketing Office today at 850.235.4977 to purchase your tickets!
“We’re counting down for the Annual Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park, which will draw thousands of residents and visitors to Panama City Beach, Florida to enjoy the largest celebration on the Emerald Coast,” said Brent Gardner, Pier Park Mall Manager. “As the leading resort-style shopping destination in Panama City Beach, we’re excited to ring in the New Year with family-friendly activities, an exciting line-up of live entertainment, festive beach ball drops and more.”
Ahead of the evening’s festivities and throughout the night, New Year’s Eve celebration attendees will experience the great shopping and dining options at Pier Park. The entire property will be open until 8 p.m. with select stores along Pier Park’s Boardwalk remaining open throughout the evening. Popular dining options like Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House and Rum Runners Tropical Island Grill will also welcome attendees looking for a place to kick-back and enjoy the festive, beach-front atmosphere.
The New Year’s Eve festivities will kick-off at 5:30 p.m. with a family celebration along the Boardwalk on Pier Park Drive. Families will enjoy interactive activities like face painting, costumed characters and exclusive giveaways, as well as live entertainment provided by The Barry Fish Band, known for their renditions of popular tunes from the ‘80s and ‘90s. Ahead of the family-friendly beach ball drop, Alex Angelo, also known as “DJ BEATBOY”, will entertain families with an interactive set and lead the crowd in the first countdown of the evening. At 8 p.m., local dignitaries will release 10,000 inflated beach balls along Pier Park’s beachfront boardwalk. This awe-inspiring activity, heralded as the nation’s only family beach ball drop, will be followed by a dazzling fireworks display.
At 8:30 p.m., the official Countdown Celebration will begin with live musical performances by Heritage, a popular local reggae-rock band that has been spreading love with original, one of kind songs since they began touring in 2009. At 10:15 p.m., The Rupert’s Orchestra, will take the stage where they’ll bring down the ‘pier’ performing a dynamic mix of current Top 40 hits, classic rock favorites and more.
Just before midnight, attendees will countdown to 2014 as an 800 pound LED lighted beach ball descends nearly 100 feet. This symbolic occasion will be followed by a stunning, second fireworks display.
The 6th Annual New Year’s Eve Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park is free and open to the public. Event sponsors include the Panama City Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau and Wyndham Vacation Resorts.