The holly jolly days are upon us, and Panama City Beach has decked its halls AND beaches! Embrace this magical season and create lifetime memories with your family and friends. These festive December events are certain to capture your holiday spirit!
1) Mon. 12/2; 6:30pm, Frank Brown Park, PCB : Annual City of PCB Christmas Tree Lighting Celebrate the magic of Christmas at PCB’s official tree lighting ceremony with musical performances by local schools, churches and civic groups, photos with Santa and all sorts of yummy treats.
2) Thurs. 12/5; 10am-9pm, 1st Baptist Church Family Life Center, Panama City: 10th Annual Festival of Trees Decorated trees for auction, holiday music free kids’ events, bakery goods and value-oriented gifts for sale. Proceeds benefit PC Rescue Mission. Admission: $5 adults, $3 kids or $15 family. For more info., visit www.festivaloftreesspc.com or call 850.481.1093.
3) Thurs. 12/5, 7:30pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Bonnie Raitt Live in Concert Grammy award-winner singer, songwriter & guitarist gives her audiences “Something to Talk About” with her unique blend of blues, R& B, rock & pop. For more info., visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
4) Fri. 12/6; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas” Festive family-fun in the heart of PC with horse-drawn carriage rides, free ice skating, carolers, concerts, extended shopping hours, kids events, train rides, a bounce house & more surprises. For more info., visit //events.panamacity.com/event
5) Sat. 12/7; Start/Finish Pier Park, PCB: 5th Annual Run for the Redfish Great family event for all levels of runners, includes a ½ Marathon, 5K & Kids fun run along scenic Front Beach Rd & after-party at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. All runners for the 5K and certified half marathon professionally- timed course receive long sleeve t-shirt & swag bag. A portion of proceeds benefit Ocean Conservancy. Visit www.runfortheredfish.com for race start times, registration & more info.
6) Wed. 12/11; 7pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Goo Goo Dolls Live in Concert A rockin’ holiday treat for alternate rock music lovers the world over. For tickets or more info, visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
7) Fri. 12/13; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas” (see details above 12/6)
8 ) Sat. 12/14; 4pm, Front Beach & Pier Park, PCB: Annual PCB Optimist Christmas Parade Everyone loves a parade! Floats, marching bands & Santa will delight all ages as this festive procession flows down Powell Adams to Front Beach Rd & northwest through Pier Park, then ends at Wal-Mart.
9) Fri. 12/20; 5-8pm, Downtown PC: “A Dickens of a Christmas (see details above 12/6)
10) Fri. 12/20; 3pm & 6pm, Marina Civic Center, PC: Disney Live! Three Classic Fairy Tales. All-new musical with 25 Disney characters that bring to life the stories of “Snow White,” “Cinderella” and “Beauty and the Beast.” For tickets or more info, visit www.marinaciviccenter.com
11) Sun. 12/29; 8am, Frank Brown Park, PCB: “The Biggest Loser Run/Walk” Half Marathon, 5K & Kids Fun Run Perfect chance for all levels of runners and walkers to celebrate their 2013 healthy lifestyle milestones! Each participant receives an inaugural finisher’s medal & t-shirt. Post-party with celebrity appearances. www.biggestloserrunwalk.com or [email protected] for more info.
12) Tues. 12/31; Pier Park, PCB: Two New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Celebrations From 5:30-8pm, it’s a family-style Family Ball Drop event with face painting, stilt walker, live music, prize giveaways & dazzling fireworks following the 8pm countdown when 10,000 beach balls will be dropped! Then from 8:45pm-1am, it’s time for grown-ups to countdown to 2014 with a New Year’s Eve inaugural street festival featuring live music, food booths & endless fun, promising to become PCB’s best annual NYE bash! Midnight countdown has an 800-lb glowing Beach Ball Drop followed by dazzling fireworks.
Admission is free for both events. Visit www.pierpark.com for more info.